2/26/2013

BARBIE DOLLS I DON'T DARE TO GET OUT OF THE BOX


All pictures are property of Mattel, Inc.

Yes! There are a few dolls I don't even dare to get out of their boxes. Here's my guilty list:


TARINA TARANTINO BARBIE DOLL

Tarina Tarantino's creation is as cute as cute can get from head to toes and beyond, which means that the box is also so enchanting that it actually becomes itself a part of the whole ensemble.

Yes, deep inside of me I'd love to see the doll out of her box but... not yet.




SUGAR BARBIE DOLL

Byron Lars was probably touched by an angel when he designed the Chapeaux Collection. Absolutely everything in this collection is perfectly crafted and beautifully put together. That, of course, includes the amazing packages that recreate hat-boxes.

She'd be gorgeous out of her box, but luckily it's a perfect box for showcasing. If boxes were always like this one, I'm not sure I'd ever get any doll out of it.



REEM ACRA BRIDE BARBIE DOLL

There's a good reason why I haven't get this one out of her (huge) box yet: the dress alone would just take too much place.

I know that it'd be much better for the dress to be free but I haven't got the room  it needs at the moment, and keeping it inside its box prevents it from getting ruined eventually. Oh, but she's such an extraordinary doll!



WATER LILY BARBIE DOLL

Once again it's only a matter of space to get this lovely doll out of her box. She won't need as much as the Reem Acra one, but to exhibit the dress properly I should first make some room.

This doll was actually one of the first I got when I started collecting and I'd really love to show her the way she deserves some time soon.



ALFRED HITCHCOCK'S "THE BIRDS" BARBIE DOLL

I know that as soon as I get her out of the box I'll get rid of the birds so... Yes, the birds make her special (as loved as hated) but that dress would look amazing on one of my Fashion Royalty dolls. I'm not sure. I must keep on thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate